Random Thought

"People don't convert to Sikhi,
They realise it within themselves..."

A child once said to a grown Sikh male, "I know about you, you can't cut your hair!!"

The man replied, "It's not that I cant cut my hair, it's that I dont want to".

Sikhi is not about restricting yourself so your forced to do it, its about realising the reasons why you act a certain way.

It's about walking down the street having sinful thoughts in your mind, be it anger, greed or pride and realising at that point "Oh my mind, why are you thinking in such a way"

It's about driving on a cold rainy day, and becoming overwhelmed by the complexitiy of every raindrop falling on your windshield. Being absorbed in the colours of the overcast sky. Being thankful for every emotion that you feel because its a gift to you, even if your mind interprets that as pain.

Only with good karam can we attain this understanding, and when we do - we should try our best to live by these teachings, this mat (Gurmat/Gurus understanding), bestowed upon us by Guru Sahib himself.

Searching, searching, searching, I have come to understand the essence of reality. Without the Naam, there is no peace at all, and the mortal will surely fail.


Many come and go; they die, and die again, and are reincarnated. Without understanding, they are totally useless, and they wander in reincarnation. || 5 || They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful. They chant and meditate on the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. || 6 || Uncounted millions, so many they are endless, search for Him. But only that one, who understands his own self, sees God near at hand. || 7 || Never forget me, O Great Giver - please bless me with Your Naam.To sing Your Glorious Praises day and night - O Nanak, this is my heart-felt desire. || 8 || 2 || 5 || 16 ||

Whatever pleases You is True. One who is blessed with true understanding, does not come and go. || 3 || Apply such an ointment to your eyes, which is pleasing to your Beloved. I realize, understand, know Him, only if He Himself causes me to know Him. He Himself shows me the Way, and He Himself leads me to it, attracting my mind.

O Nanak, the One who created the creation, watches over it; He alone bestows understanding. || 9 || 2 || 5 ||

The mind is comforted by the Comforter of the Naam. I fall at the Guru's feet - I am a sacrifice to Him; He has given me to understand the true understanding. || Pause ||

Restrain your fickle mind, and keep it steady within its own home; meeting the Guru, this understanding is obtained.

Prays Nanak, how rare are those who reflect and understand, the most sublime action in this world. The noblest deed is to sing the Lord's Praises, and so meet the Lord Himself. || 4 || 1 || 12 ||

Dear Lord, You Yourself bestow understanding. Dear Lord, I am forever a sacrifice to You; I am dedicated and devoted to Your Name. || Pause ||

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love u